exposed to asbestos.
Asbestos exposure can be associated with a variety of conditions, mostly involving the lungs. Some conditions are innocuous whilst others may be problematic.
As some asbestos related conditions can take many years to develop, it is recommended that those working with asbestos undergo health screening both during their employment and into the future.
The recommended asbestos medical involves:
- A limited history (including smoking history) and a specific physical
- A Chest X-Ray
- Spirometry (lung function testing)
Under Australian Safe Work guidelines :
- Businesses must provide and pay for health monitoring for all those working
with, or exposed to, asbestos
- Before removing asbestos, the employer must arrange and pay for health
monitoring by a medical practitioner for all asbestos removal workers or
workers who may be exposed to asbestos during the removal process
The monitoring should identify any changes in a person's health because of exposure
- All health records must be kept for 40 years and the worker must receive a
copy of the report. Employers will need to notify the regulator of any changes to
a worker’s health
Simply complete the form below and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.